IOTW’s ICO Analysis and 15 billion IoT devices in the world
There are already over 15 billion IoT devices in the world. These devices carry lots of data usage statistics that could be very valuable to the right companies. The problem until recently is that it’s almost impossible to collect all of this valuable data in an organized way. But now the experienced team at IOTW has invented a way to easily connect any IoT device to their blockchain. Once connected, the IoT device becomes a node and mines IOTW tokens as a reward to the device users. The usage data is then collected and sold to companies in exchange for IOTW tokens.
Based in Hong Kong, IOTW is a product of the groundbreaking Blockchain company, AnApp Blockchain Technologies Ltd. The IOTW blockchain software will operate an open-SDK, allowing any device to load the blockchain app and gain access to the IOTW blockchain ecosystem.
In order to incentivize users to connect their IoT devices/appliances to their blockchain, the hard working team has developed 2 unique new protocols; “Micro Mining” and “Proof of Assignment.” Together, these protocols allow every household to join the mining community without restrictions. Each device they connect will become a node, and each node will have the same chance of being selected to mine as all the other nodes in the network. No whale power on this chain.
How it works:
- Download their software through firmware upgrades to connect any device to the IOTW Ecosystem.
- Start mining with very little power consumption.
- Redeem rewards. “IoT device owners will be rewarded with IOTW coins which the devices can use to call up services or spare parts. The owners can also use the IOTW coins to buy goods, services and media content in open markets.”
- Sell your data for more IOTW tokens. “IOTW blockchain will collect big data. Allowing global, city-wide, and district-wide energy saving optimization.”
Here’s a 7-minute video we were linked to by their Telegram mod. It does a great jump of explaining why IOTW is such an exciting project. The video has already received an impressive 56,000 views, and is worth checking out.
In addition, IOTW plans to allow for the development of decentralized applications on IoT devices. And they will establish a decentralized purchase network for IOTW holders to bypass the middlemen and purchase directly from device makers and service providers.
Also, the team invented a Digital Power System chipset (“DPS chipset”) that replaces traditional analog power systems in small appliances with digital power systems. From the company:
“We believe the DPS chipset will be able to see adoption by a certain number of device manufacturers for saving costs while increasing device functionality. We have already filed a patent for the DPS chipset design. We plan to file a few more patents for this new product.”
IOTW will have the following utility:
- Device users receive IOTW token as rewards for mining, as well as for selling their usage data.
- Device makers, research institutes, government agencies, and other organizations can purchase usage data with IOTW.
- Goods and services providers will sell through the online mall accepting IOTW as a payment method.
- A percentage of IOTW will be taken as a processing fee for each transaction.
The Proof of Assignment protocol requires way less power for mining than Proof of Work….